White wine and relaxation go hand in hand. But, who said that white wine is just for relaxation? White wine, when paired with some more ingredients, makes up for perfect cocktail drinks that you can serve at your party. White wine cocktails have the fun of their own, and you need to push your limits to create some of the most amazing white wine cocktails that you will relish for the rest of your life. Being light and rejuvenating, these are the ideal drinks that you should have in your parties.
White Wine sangrias and spritzes are two of the most loved drinks amongst people at parties. Another benefit of these drinks is that you can easily make them in different batches for your party. They add a festive touch to your celebrations and also go light on your liver. There are a lot of white wine cocktails that you need to try making for the next party that you will host. White wine complements all kinds of drinks, and therefore, below is a list of white wine cocktails recipes that you need to learn. You can enjoy these white wine cocktails for any occasion in any season.
- APPELLATION COOLER: Being one of the most uncomplicated white wine cocktails to make, the Appellation Cooler is the most preferred cocktail at the parties. To prepare this legendary cocktail, you need eight ounces of Bohme, ice, dry sparkling wine, slices of seedless cucumber, three to four spoons of apricot liqueur, four ounces of cocchi americano and basil vermouth each. In the initial step, you need to mix all the liquors in a container and fill it with ice. Then, you have to put the sparkling wine and stir the mixture. Once you complete stirring, you can add the cucumber slices and serve the cocktail in white wine glasses.
- QUICK WHITE SANGRIA: Sangrias taste better and lighter with white wine. The frozen fruits and sweetness can make you enjoy it at any time of the year. Making white wine sangria is not a task as all you need is one-fourth cup of sugar, one bottle of Je t’aime, one-fourth cup of brandy, one cup of frozen peaches, one sliced lime, one sliced lemon, twelve ounces of lemon-lime soda, and some ice cubes. The primary step of making this cocktail involves mixing the brandy and the sugar until the sugar completely dissolves in the mixture. For the next and last step, all you need to do is combine all the remaining ingredients in the mix, stir it gently, and serve.
- SONOMA: This is a delightful cocktail that uses chardonnay in an unoaked form so that the other ingredients do not lose their charm. For making this cocktail a success, you need two and a half ounces of chardonnay, two and a half spoons of honey syrup, half an ounce of calvados, two drops of salt solution, ice, one spoon of verjus, and a lemon twist and thyme for garnishing. The steps to prepare this cocktail involve combining the chardonnay, verjus, calvados, honey syrup, and salt solution in a mixing glass. Then you need to fill the glass with ice and stir the mixture well. Once you complete stirring the mix, you need to strain it into a wine glass, pinch the lemon twist, garnish with thyme, and serve.
- BUBBLY CHAMPAGNE PUNCH: This cocktail comes under the most elegant drinks served at parties and special occasions. It is one of the easiest drinks and requires only a few ingredients, that include three slices of halved oranges, two bottles of chilled champagne, one can of frozen lemonade concentrate, one and a half cups of ginger ale, frozen cranberries, one bottle of white wine, and two and a half cups of raw pineapple juice. To prepare the drink, you need to line the bottom of a six-cup ring mold with cranberries and slices of orange. In the next step, you need to mix the ginger ale and pineapple juice; and pour it over the lined fruits. Once you do this, you need to freeze it until it becomes solid. The last step involves unmolding the ice ring into a bowl, stir the remaining ingredients, and serve it.
- BRANDY-WINE PUNCH: You will have to agree that brandy and white wine make an amazing duo. While there are so many cocktails with this duo, the brandy-wine punch will be your favorite. The ingredients that you will require for making this cocktail are two chilled bottles of white wine, one liter of club soda, a one-fourth cup of Ruby port, one-fourth cup of Cointreau, one and a half cups of amontillado sherry, one cup of lemon juice, one and a half cups of brandy, half a cup of superfine sugar, ice cubes, and orange and lemon slices for garnishing. For making this punch, you need to stir sugar with lemon juice in a punch bowl until it dissolves. The next step involves adding the brandy, Cointreau, wine, port, club soda, and sherry and stir it gently until it all blends together. The final step involves adding the ice cubes and garnishing with oranges and lemon slices, and your cocktail is ready to serve.
- PEACH WINE COOLERS: The peach wine coolers are as refreshing as they sound. They have the gentle flavors of honey, brandy, and wine that make it a perfect drink for your brunch. To prepare this cocktail, you need two cups of frozen sliced peaches, one-third cup of honey, one bottle of white wine, half a cup of brandy, half sliced lemon, ice cubes, and one and a half cups of chilled carbonated water. The directions for preparing this drink involves combining the brandy, lemon slices, and peach slices and stirring them in a pitcher full of wine. After the first step, you need to refrigerate the mix for two to four hours. Once your mixture is chill, you have to stir sparkling water and put ice cubes in it. Your refreshing cocktail is now ready to serve.
- VIN D’ORANGE: A lot of you prefer cocktails that have a flavor of oranges. Vin D’Orange is a cocktail for all the orange lovers as it uses white wine infused with oranges. You only need four ingredients to make this cocktail that include ice, two ounces of simple syrup, eight orange twists, and twenty-four ounces of chilled orange wine. To prepare this cocktail, you need to fill ice in a cocktail shaker and then add half an ounce of simple syrup and about six ounces of orange wine. After that, you need to shake the mixture well and strain it in martini glasses. After filling the glasses, you need to repeat the process three more times, and you have to use fresh ice every time you repeat it. After all your steps are complete, you have to garnish it with an orange twist and serve.
- CRANBERRY-LIME SANGRIA: The Cranberry-Lime Sangria is a fruity and light sangria that you can have at any time of the year. You will require a bowl of frozen cranberries, one each diced orange, apple, and lime, one bottle of chilled white wine, two cups of water, three-fourth cup of frozen limeade concentrate, and one bottle of chilled citrus soda as the ingredients for making this cocktail. The directions to prepare this cocktail involve combining the cranberries and water in a saucepan and cooking it for five minutes. Once the berries pop, you need to drain the liquid and keep the berries aside. In the next step, you need to combine limeade concentrate and wine in a pitcher and then stir the cranberries and diced fruits. Add the soda, and you are ready to serve the drink.These eight drinks are amongst the best white wine cocktails that you should serve at the next party. You do not need a lot of time to prepare these cocktails as they are very easy to prepare. All you need to do is sit back and relax after serving the cocktail. These cocktails will surely become the highlight of your parties.
Published by Harold Camaya
With nearly 5 years of experience in wine marketing,
Harold Camaya is considered a thought leader in digital marketing of luxury wines.
From writing, event planning and public relations to videography and digital media,
He continues to diversify his skills with changing trends and technologies.
He has written many captivating and informative articles on whiskey such as Remedy Liquor.
On his off days, he likes to spend his time at the nearest animal shelter, lift weights or be nose deep in a novel.